Larry E. and Laurel Erickson Public Service Award
This award recognizes a faculty or staff member who has been employed in the Carl R. Ice College of Engineering for at least five years and has demonstrated exemplary public service. Selection is based on the following criteria:
- Letter of nomination by a college employee.
- Letter of support from a faculty or staff member of the college.
- Letter of support from an individual who has knowledge of the exemplary public service of the nominee.
- Nominee’s statement (limited to two pages) describing the public service activities during the prior five years.
- Current copy of the curriculum vitae of the nominee.
Ray Buyle, ARE/CNSThis year’s recipient is Ray Buyle, head of the GE Johnson Department of Architectural Engineering and Construction Science.
- Buyle's recent service activities include adviser to the ARE/CNS department's student ambassadors group, COE representative to the University Honor Council, ASC national professional development committee, ASC Region 4 design-build division coordinator, Manhattan-area Habitat for Humanity building committee and ASC Region 4 career fair committee.
Comments from a colleague:
- "I share a similar philosophy to Ray's belief that 'service, performed with a sense of pride for our community, can become contagious.' Anyone who serves others does it because it is their passion, not for the gratification."
Ruth Douglas Miller, ECE, 2017
Joseph P. Harner, BAE, 2016
Phillip Barnes, BAE, 2015
Bruce Snead, Engineering Extension, 2014
David Ben-Arieh, IMSE, 2013
Robert W. Stokes, CE, 2012
Anil Pahwa, ECE, 2011
Hani Melhem, CE, 2010
Danny Rogers, BAE, 2009
Robert W. Stokes, CE, 2008
Richard B. Hayter, Assoc. Dean for Ext. Affairs, 2007
G. Morgan Powell, BAE, 2006