Charles H. Scholer Faculty Award
The Charles H. Scholer Faculty Award was established by donations from the friends and family of Charles H. Scholer. Selection is based on the following criteria:
- Unique and innovative contributions to student learning beyond the classroom and laboratory;
- Well-respected by students and colleagues; and
- Demonstrated support of students’ extracurricular activities, student professional societies and/or competition teams.
The nomination packet should include the following items of support for the nominee:
- Letter of endorsement from the department head.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- A two-page (maximum) description of the nominee's qualifications which should address the following attributes:
a.Unique and innovative contributions to student learning beyond the classroom and laboratory.
b.Well-respected by students and colleagues.
c.Demonstrated support of students’ extracurricular activities, student professional societies and/or competition teams.
Hayder A. Rasheed, CE
This year’s recipient is Hayder A. Rasheed, professor in the department of civil engineering.
- Rasheed received the 2010 Hollis Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching and the 2013 Myers-Alford Memorial Teaching Award.
- He has advised the steel bridge design team since 2008.
Comments from a colleague:
- "Dr. Rasheed is an outstanding educator and mentor as evidenced by his excellent teaching evaluations, excellent senior exit interview ranking and comments, as well as the numerous teaching and adviser awards he has received from students and fellow faculty. He has been a source of valuable support to his colleagues, peers and students."
Edwin Brokesh, BAE, 2017
Lisa R. Wilken, BAE, 2016
Kimberly Waggle Kramer, ARE/CNS, 2015
Malgorzata Rys, IMSE, 2014
B. Terry Beck, MNE, 2013
Medhat M. Morcos, ECE, 2012
Keith Hohn, CHE, 2011
Julia Keen, ARE/CNS, 2010
Walt Walawender, CHE, 2009
Hani Melhem, CE, 2008
Larry A. Glasgow, CHE, 2007