Robert R. and Lila L. Snell Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award
This award, established by the Snells, is awarded to a full professor with at least 15 years of experience at K-State. It is truly a career achievement award. The Honors and Awards Committee makes the selection based on the following criteria:
- Feedback from alumni (not more than four references).
- Recognized innovation in teaching.
- Course and curriculum upgrades.
- Outstanding long-term student evaluations.
- Recommendations by peers (not more than four references).
- Demonstrated participation in regional and national conferences.
Nominations are made by the department head, with supporting letters from at least two full professors, or by four full professors (at least one from another department).
Stacy L. Hutchinson, BAE
This year’s recipient is Stacy L. Hutchinson, professor of biological and agricultural engineering.
- Hutchinson received the 2007 ASABE A.W. Farrall Young Educator Award.
- She developed the first College of Engineering CAT Community, which is part of the K-State First program that focuses on recruitment and retention of incoming freshmen.
Comments from a student:
- "Dr. Hutchinson, or Dr. H as students call her, is a shining star among the faculty at Kansas State. She is warm, bubbly and has so much energy and love for her subject that it is contagious."
Anil Pahwa, ECE, 2017
John J. Devore, ECE, 2016
Ronaldo G. Maghirang, BAE, 2015
Mo Hosni, MNE, 2014
Hani Melhem, CE, 2013
David L. Soldan, ECE, 2012
Charles Burton, ARE/CNS, 2011
Jim Goddard, ARE/CNS, 2010
Don Lenhert, ECE, 2009
Terry Beck, MNE, 2008
Naiqian Zhang, BAE, 2007
J. Garth Thompson, MNE, 2006
Medhat M. Morcos, EECE, 2005
J. Kenneth Shultis, MNE, 2004
Richard R. Gallagher, EECE, 2003
N. Dean Eckhoff, MNE, 2002
Charles R. Bissey, ARE/CNS, 2001
Donald R. Hummels, EECE, 2000
Larry A. Glasgow, CHE, 1999
Do Sup Chung, BAE, 1998