COVID-19 Updates for K-State Engineering
This page will provide college-specific updates for students, faculty and staff.
Fall 2020 academic update from Sr. Associate Dean Clark
- K-State has finalized tuition, fees and refund policies for the fall 2020 semester.
- To help protect the K-State community, all students, faculty, staff and visitors are required to wear face coverings.
- In-person classes will resume for the fall 2020 semester. K-State is moving the semester start date up a week to Monday, Aug. 17, and is making other adjustments to the academic calendar.
- Residence halls and dining centers will be open for the fall 2020 semester and K-State is incorporating extra health and safety measures
- Additional updates are available at www.k-state.edu/covid-19.
Faculty are encouraged to share ideas, best practices and other information for transitioning to VRO classes on the Engineering Faculty Blog.
Information from Engineering Computing Services
All computers supported by CECS have the ability to use Remote Desktop Connection for accessing them directly from off-campus. Please see our Remote Desktop FAQ for information. If you do not know your asset tag, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To directly access network shares from off-campus, see the Map Network Drive FAQ.
Both of these options require that you have the K-State VPN installed and connected. More information can be found on K-State's VPN webpage.
Problems with the VPN have to be sent to the K-State IT Help Desk. CECS has no ability to assist with it, but can assist with remote desktop and network drives. Contact CECS at email@example.com or call 785-532-4643.