COVID-19 Updates for K-State Engineering
This page will provide college-specific updates for students, faculty and staff.
Senior Associate Dean Clark shows new signage to promote safe practices in the engineering complex.
View additional videos on the K-State Engineering YouTube channel.
- Provost Taber has announced adjustments to the spring 2021 academic calendar.
- K-State has launched an online dashboard to track COVID-19 data.
- The university is expanding its COVID-19 testing capacity.
- Find the latest Guidance and FAQ for returning to K-State campuses.
- Access resources and all communications related to the COVID-19 response, such as the #KStrongStrong Emergency Response Fund or the student digest for the fall 2020 semester.
- University guidelines and information
- COVID-19 guidance and FAQ
- Information for students
- Financial Emergency Resources
Information from Engineering Computing Services
All computers supported by CECS have the ability to use Remote Desktop Connection for accessing them directly from off-campus. Please see our Remote Desktop FAQ for information. If you do not know your asset tag, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To directly access network shares from off-campus, see the Map Network Drive FAQ.
Both of these options require that you have the K-State VPN installed and connected. More information can be found on K-State's VPN webpage.
Problems with the VPN have to be sent to the K-State IT Help Desk. CECS has no ability to assist with it, but can assist with remote desktop and network drives. Contact CECS at email@example.com or call 785-532-4643.