COVID-19 Updates for K-State Engineering
This page will provide college-specific updates for students, faculty and staff.
|A message for students||A message for families|
University updates are available at www.k-state.edu/covid-19.
Now through June 30, 2020, the MATLAB Portal for Kansas State University is available for all K-Staters.
- Visit the Kansas State University MATLAB Portal and click ‘Sign in to get started’
- Create a MathWorks Account using your University email address or Login to your Existing Account
- Click 'Download' to follow the guided workflow and complete the installation
- Keep Learning - information to help students prepare for remote learning
- COVID-19 FAQ
- Financial Emergency Resources
Faculty are encouraged to share ideas, best practices and other information for transitioning to VRO classes on the Engineering Faculty Blog.
Information from Engineering Computing Services
All computers supported by CECS have the ability to use Remote Desktop Connection for accessing them directly from off-campus. Please see our Remote Desktop FAQ for information. If you do not know your asset tag, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To directly access network shares from off-campus, see the Map Network Drive FAQ.
Both of these options require that you have the K-State VPN installed and connected. More information can be found on K-State's VPN webpage.
Problems with the VPN have to be sent to the K-State IT Help Desk. CECS has no ability to assist with it, but can assist with remote desktop and network drives. Contact CECS at email@example.com or call 785-532-4643.