History of the Engineering Experiment Station
The Kansas Board of Regents established the Engineering Experiment Station (EES) on March 10, 1910, according to the following mandate:
"The Engineering Experiment Station was established for the purpose of carrying on tests and research work of engineering and manufacturing value to the state of Kansas, and of collecting, preparing, and presenting technical information in a form readily available for the use of the various industries within the state. It is the intention to have all the work of this experiment station of direct importance to Kansas."
(Source: Illumination for Farm and Town Homes, Grayson B. McNair, Bulletin No. 1, Engineering Experiment Station, Kansas State Agricultural College, December 1914)
Although the EES has adapted in accordance with widespread change since 1910, much of the original mandate is reflected in the current mission of the EES:
In 2013, the office adopted the name Engineering Research and Graduate Programs (ERGP) to more accurately describe the current goals of the office.