Distance Education Professional Development Travel Award
K-State Global Campus and K-State engineering have teamed up to provide professional development opportunities through a travel award for two engineering faculty members to attend a conference specializing in teaching distance education.
To enhance and improve teaching of online engineering courses by providing the opportunity for learning about state-of-the-art tools, software and techniques as well as the opportunity to experience best practice networking.
Up to $2,000 per awardee to cover conference expenses for an approved distance education-related conference. Award includes registration, hotel, meals and travel costs (such as airfare).
- Attend conference
- With travel expense voucher, submit short conference feedback report and Global Campus Professional Development Takeaway form
- Upon return, meet with Engineering Associate Dean for Research (ADR) and Global Campus engineering program coordinator to discuss conference outcomes and to discuss conference feedback report and Global Campus Professional Development Takeaway form
- Within a year, lead a seminar/discussion to share at least three new tools, technologies or best practices learned at the conference or participate in Global Campus’ Peer-to-Peer Distance Learning Exchange to share a few key points you learned from the conference
- Complete Travel Award Application (pdf) and submit by March 31 to email@example.com
- Applications reviewed by ADR and Global Campus engineering program coordinator
- Notification of selected awardees plus one to two alternates shortly after deadline
- Awardees register for conference by early deadline as noted on conference website
- Awardees reserve hotel and arrange travel through their departmental accounting staff for approved distance education conference. The department accounting staff will work with Chassy Nichols (firstname.lastname@example.org) for funding information.
- Attend conference
- Awardees complete post conference expectations (listed above)
For questions, contact Ron Jackson (email@example.com, 785-532-2523), Global Campus engineering program coordinator or Stacy Hutchinson (firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-532-5844), Associate Dean for Engineering Research and Graduate Programs.