Engineering Leadership and Innovation Program
In association with the Staley School of Leadership Studies
Now accepting applications
The Engineering Leadership and Innovation program is currently accepting applications for the 2021-22 cohort. Eligible applicants must be enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in the Carl R. Ice College of Engineering with an expected graduation date of spring/fall 2023. Application review will begin on Feb. 26, 2021.
The Engineering Leadership and Innovation, or ELI, program will prepare exceptional engineering students for potential leadership roles in organizations that will flourish in a dynamic business environment operating under complex social, ethical, political, economic, business and engineering factors.
The ELI program will —
- equip students with the skills and confidence needed to lead real-world engineering projects;
- strengthen students’ classroom learning through a leadership practicum on a creative inquiry team;
- help students build a realistic career plan directed toward engineering management; and
- build students’ appreciation of nontechnical factors that affect technical decisions.
Primary program elements
- Coursework in leadership and business
- Leadership practice and development
- Engagement with an industry mentor
- Corporate partner interactions
- Scholarship of $3,000 per year
ELI program resources